Published On: Friday, 21 April 2017
Greater Victoria Business Awards Recognize Local Achievements
- The Greater Victoria Chamber of Commerce is the largest business association in Greater Victoria, with over 1,400 member organizations.
GREATER VICTORIA - The Greater Victoria Chamber of Commerce celebrated local business excellence during the Greater Victoria Business Awards this evening at The Fairmont Empress.
From start-ups to legends, the Chamber's annual Business Awards and its 14 categories shine a light on hard working businesses, business people and community leaders with achievements worth celebrating. In 2017, The Chamber has added two new categories: Chamber Member of the Year and Non-Profit of the Year.
The 2017 award winners are:
- The Chamber’s Governors’ Lifetime Achievement Award
- Mel Cooper, local philanthropist and businessman.
- Business Leadership; sponsored by Coast Capital Savings
- Western Interior Design Group Ltd.
- Runner-up: Fort Properties Ltd.
- New Business; sponsored by Peninsula Co-Op
- Freshworks Studio
- Runner-up: Loomo Marketing
- Business of the Year (1-10 Employees); sponsored by the City of Victoria
- Balance Home Cleaning
- Runner-up: BC Hazmat Management Ltd.
- Business of the Year (11-39 Employees); sponsored by CHEK News
- Orca Spirit Adventures
- Runner-up: Proline Management Ltd.
- Business of the Year (40+ Employees); sponsored by Times Colonist
- Runner-up: Peninsula Co-op
- Outstanding Workplace of the Year; sponsored by CPHR Vancouver Island
- Smart Dolphins IT Solutions Inc.
- Runner-up: Checkfront Inc.
- Innovation; sponsored by University of Victoria, Peter B. Gustavson School of Business
- Runner-up: Coastal Community Credit Union & Insurance
- Non-Profit/Association of the Year; sponsored by Children’s Health Foundation of Vancouver Island
- Lifetime Networks
- Runner-up: Our Place Society
- Outstanding Customer Service; sponsored by Innov8 Digital Solutions Inc.
- STS Pain Pharmacy
- Runner-up: Outlooks for Men
- Sustainable Business Practices; sponsored by Sierra Club of BC and Horne Coupar
- Bernhardt Contracting Ltd.
- Runner-up: City Green Solutions Society
- Business Person of the Year; sponsored by United Way of Greater Victoria
- Mandy Farmer, Accents Inns and Hotel Zed
- Runner-up: Scott Burley, 2 Burley Men Moving Ltd.
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year; sponsored by Royal Roads University
- Rachel Paish, Passion & Performance
- Runner-up: Glen Smethurst, Van Isle Paint and Island Digital Marketing
- Chamber Member of the Year; sponsored by Air Canada
- Dan Dagg, Hot House Marketing