Published On: Tuesday, 17 April 2018
Next Generation of the BC Seafood Festival Announced
COMOX VALLEY - An award winning list of local, national and international celebrity chefs has now been announced for the 12th annual BC Seafood Festival, a 10-day celebration in the beautiful Comox Valley on Vancouver Island, B.C. from Friday, June 8 to Sunday, June 17, 2018. Tickets to select public events will go on sale starting at 9:00am PT on Friday, April 13th.
This year the 2018 event is unveiling the next generation of the festival by extending the highly anticipated BC Seafood Festival Signature Weekend to three-days featuring new events and celebrations.
This includes celebrity chef demonstrations, award-winning shellfish and seafood tastings, interactive & educational displays, and competitions including the famous Fanny Bay Oyster Shucking Competition and the OceanWise™ Chowder Challenge.
Guests and visitors may purchase a Signature Weekend Day passes to enjoy some of these weekend highlights:
- Learn to Cook BC Seafood at two different Celebrity Chef Demonstration stages
- 15+ Seafood Tasting Stations – Meet the Producers and Chefs
- 15+ BC Craft Beer, Wine and Spirit Tasting Stations
- Live Music Performances
- Largest Kids Interactive Zone featuring numerous Touch Tanks and Interactive Displays, and Seafood Cooking Classes, plus the first visit to the Festival by the Vancouver Aquarium AquaVan!
Notably, an impressive group of celebrity chefs, and for the first time ever, a lineup of international culinary celebrities, are being featured that weekend and throughout the Festival.
International Celebrity Chefs include:
- Chef Tony Su, Ming Court, Cordis Shanghai, Shanghai
- Chef Mark Best, Marque, Bistro by Mark Best, Sydney, Australia
- Chef Tim Ho, The Food Gallery, Langham Hotel Hong Kong
- Chef Chris King, Roux at the Landau, Langham Hotel London
United States Celebrity Chefs include:
- Chef Scott Schneider, Al Fiori, Langham Hotel New York
- Chef Abby Ferrer, Star Noodle, Maui, Hawaii
- Chef Jose Duartes, Taranta, Boston
“This year’s BC Seafood Festival promises to be the best yet for presenting a stellar line-up of famed local, domestic and international chefs, while also showcasing our renowned sustainable seafood from our pristine West Coast waters. We look forward to welcoming visitors and locals to the festival and events,” states Chef Nathan Fong, Chef Producer for the Festival.
To see the full press release, click here.