Published On: Friday, 12 April 2019
Parksville Chamber Announces New Board of Directors
PARKSVILLE - The Parksville & District Chamber of Commerce members attended the swearing in of the 2019 Board of Directors by Mayor Ed Mayne last night at the Annual General Meeting, held at the Bayside Resort.
"As the incoming President of the Parksville & District Chamber of Commerce, my focus will be on working with the Board of Directors to embrace its responsibilities as an effective governing body of the Chamber," said Jeannie Maltesen, President, Parksville & District Chamber of Commerce.
"Transparency, inclusivity, and accountability with all board decisions will be a priority. The new Board of Directors and Executive team will carry out these important responsibilities on behalf of members, and having a committed board, staff and executive team is key to accomplishing our strategic goals. I am looking forward to leading a board who are passionate about wanting to improve business opportunities and economic development in the region."
Introducing the new Board:
The membership elected the Executive team of:
- President – Jeannie Maltesen, Vancouver Island University
- President Elect – Meghan Walker, Royal LePage
- Vice-President – Brian McLean, Core Insurance Solutions
- Treasurer – Tamara Schmidt, CIBC
- Past President – Dave Willie, Black and White Event Rental
The selection of 7 new Directors:
- Donna Andres – Lady’s Mantle
- Jeff Frankford – Island Cleaning Supplies
- Cassie Long – Bayview Strata Management
- Kathy Morrison – Tigh Na Mara Seaside Spa Resort & Conference Centre
- Luc Ouellet, SD 69
- Charmaine Smith – Coastal Community Credit Union
- Susan Wismer – Parksville Historical Society
And 2 Directors returning to complete the second year of their two-year term:
- Tricia Korkowski, Coastal Colour Printing
- Rakaia McCarthy-Clark, Mercedes Lane